Sports Leadership 1 is a nationally recognised qualification that enables successful learners to assist in leading purposeful and enjoyable sport/physical activity, under direct supervision. wards & Qualifications
The majority of the qualifications are practical based – learners learn more so by doing rather than through written work.
Assessment is made upon a learner’s ability to lead and demonstrate their leadership skills for a certain period of time, within a specific setting.
How the course is delivered:
We deliver the course within the school over three full school days. The course is split half and half between classroom based theory/ practical and hall/outdoor based practical learning. Sessions are comprised of a mixture of discussion, exploration and practical learning. On the final day, pupils are marked on their leadership skill in delivering a practical physical activity/ sports session to their peers.
Qualifications in Sports Leadership will:
- Prepare students to become more confident and self-assured
- Equip students with behaviours and attitudes they need for the next stage of their development
- Develop desired character traits and behaviours in students
- Support students’ Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural development
- Improve student character traits
- Increase academic attainment and engagement in core-curriculum subjects
Provide an opportunity for peer-to-peer learning
If your school is interested in providing Sports Leadership to students then contact James Murrihy by phone on 087 962 7696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org