Welcome to our club resources page. Here you will find useful resources that will help your club in administration, planning, and fundraising.
New Sports Club Grant – Clare Sports Partnership
Who and what is it for? A new sports club established within the last 12 months. Equipment or volunteer training to help a newly formed club develop
What must you have?
- Registered as a club with your Sport Ireland recognised National Governing Body
- Your club must have insurance to operate
- Your club must have a bank account recognised in Ireland
- If your club has a juvenile section, you must have a safeguarding statement and volunteers who have or are currently doing their safeguarding training
- A club committee including a chairperson, treasurer, and secretary
- A club constitution.
Sports Capital Grant
Sports Club Social Media Policy
Social media allows conversations to happen between your club and the people important to your club, whether that’s your members, volunteers, players, supporters, parents, or sponsors.
Social media can add a more informal and personal touch to your marketing and by creating a strong online community, you will strengthen your club in the ‘real world’. Social media and social networking sites are accessible, quick, cost-effective, and user-friendly once you get going.
Before you get started you should think about what social media platform is right for your club. Consider the following:
- How your club wants to use social media and what you want to achieve
- Which social media sites are the most popular with your target audience (e.g. members/parents/players/sponsors etc.)
- The resources you need, including who has the skills to manage your club’s social media presence
Developing a social media policy that sets out how it should be used and managed to protect your club and your members is a good place to start. You don’t need to start from scratch, many of the behaviours and actions you would consider to be unacceptable in the ‘real’ world, are also unacceptable online. So make your social media policy an extension of your code of conduct or use our template to get you started. Your NGB may have guidelines on how to write a social media policy for your club. Here are some examples: